Here is a list of my learning and inspirational quotes from some of the influential speakers at TechManch and Indian Digital Media Awards Event that was held on June 16, 2017 at Taj, Mumbai.
- Creation of Razorfish – A digital marketing agency that’s a part of the Publicis Group
Its journey to success and a deep dive into the history and evolution of brand performance marketing by Jeffrey Dachis, CEO and Founder, OneDrop (Co-Founder and Former CEO & Chairman Razorfish)
Over 550 Billion US dollars are being spent annually on offline advertising and 250 Billion US dollars are spend on online advertising.
We as digital marketers need to channel the offline spend towards online, which is a lot more measurable and produces comparatively quicker results.
- Scale, Data and Social Medium creates opportunities for insights and also creates Business Opportunities. Analysing insights from digital media through machine learning, justifies your spends.
- Social media platforms have transformed brand marketing by creating brand awareness that led to brand love, brand mindshare and eventually brand advocacy. This can only be done through a very strong and engaging customer’s support and product team, fans and press and media.
- Here are some of his interesting stats on online shoppers –
67% of shoppers spend more online post connection with the brand
79% of shoppers are more likely to recommend the product
- Shoppers spend 10X more after interaction through social media
Shoppers spend 78% more after reading consumer testimonials
US$72 more are spent by fans VS non-fans
We need to stop thinking about mass communications and start thinking about mass of communications. Machine learning is going to play a massive role in the future of marketing.
“You are the heroes of internet. Embrace your power and face it. What you do, touches people’s life.”
- Bridging the gap between ancient wisdom with the convenience of technology – The story of creation and journey of PaperBoat
A company that produces traditional Indian beverages like Aam Panna, Kanji and many more through its co-founder, Neeraj Kakkar, The self-proclaimed Super Man.
This man who believes in humility in business explained to us the company’s core ideologies that rely on two factors: Alive and Authentic.
And how his innovative thought process has succeeded in connecting the current generation to its traditional ancient roots.
- Fire Side Chat on Mobile Marketing – To be launched in 2018 by Dippak Khurana, Co-Founder and CEO, Vserv and VMAX and Pawan Sarda, Group Head-Digital, Future Group
Pawan Sarda gives us a deep understanding of what every brand big or small would genuinely want,
“Intent is the key when partnering with an agency. If you have a partner who wants to replicate existing ideas and patterns, it won’t exist! You don’t need someone who works for case studies alone. Brands need a partner that shows intent and shares the same passion and vision as the brand itself.”
- Key pillars of digital marketing success – Learning how to stand out from the clutter and staying relevant to your customers by Jeff Bullas, CEO Jeffbullas.com
Jeff explains, the key pillars of digital marketing success or the core strategies that you need to convert traffic to leads or sales are:
And his life mantra for voicing – Create, Publish and Exist!
Jeff started his blog with $10 and this alone explains that, you do not need big dollars if you have a passion and want to share it with the world today and be successful without paying Facebook or Google a cent.
Some of the best practices according to him are –
- Use the words that a 5-grade student would understand on social channels.
- Curate content if you don’t have the time to create it.
- Build e-mail lists and make best use of organic search, before social channels make you pay heavily for the traffic.
- Content marketing is two words content and marketing. Building trust online is a journey of creation and persistent hustle.
- Marketers need to think like publishers and publish 4-5 times a week.
- The content you need to create should grow in credibility and trust – Write your own story on Social.
- Go and look for or follow the best in the industry and learn from them.
Today, Social media gives us a voice to share our stories. These social networks allow our voices to be heard. We no longer need journalists to tell our stories. We can tell them on our own.
Because we as humans need validation and want to share everything and social media allows that!
Here are few interesting stats from him –
- Search drives 300% more traffic than social. Don’t ignore it!
- Tweeting every 15 minutes increases your engagement rate by 67%
- 5 times as many people read the headlines as read the body copy