Several weeks ago, without much fanfare, Google added new shortcut icons to its mobile app and website. They appear immediately under the search box to provide quick access to current weather, sports, entertainment and restaurant information. (Source: Search Engine Land)
Acxiom unveiled a new partnership with ShareThis. ShareThis provides those “share this” buttons you see on this and other websites, allowing users to quickly share links to content via social media or other avenues. (Source: MARTECH TODAY)
Earlier this week, the CEO announced that the company would expand their content moderation team from 4,500 to 7,000 people over the next one year. The expansion of the team is in addition to the various artificial intelligence measures, which were previously announced. (Source : Logicserve Digital)
Within six months of letting advertisers buy its ads on a self-serve basis, Instagram’s advertiser base grew from “hundreds” to more than 200,000 advertisers, and that number has now ballooned to more than 1 million. (Source: Marketing Land)
Just over a month ago, Facebook announced that Reactions – those emoji-like cartoon characters you can use to respond to posts in addition to the basic ‘Like’ – are being made available within Messenger, giving people the option to respond to individual messages with a quick emoji. (Source: Social Media Today)
Google has been steadily increasing distribution of Shopping ads, including to YouTube, Image search results and third-party retail sites in the Search Partners network. The inevitable extension to the Google Display Network is now here: the company has launched a pilot called Retail Shopping on Display. (Source: Search Engine Land)
The analytics providers are tapping in the right keywords, which makes it easier for them to tap into the insight. It is quite obvious that the vastness of the data will not yield the desired results but it will only be beneficial if you catch the right mentions.
MailChimp is announcing that all 15 million users of the free version of the platform can also create targeted emails triggered, for instance, by such events as a subscriber’s birthday or the on boarding of a new customer. (Source: MARTECH TODAY)
Facebook may be running out of room for ads in people’s news feeds, but it’s starting to put ads in so many other places that while ad load on Facebook may be stagnating, ad load across Facebook Inc. is just beginning to ramp up. (Source: Marketing Land)
Registering your business details via Google My Business is a key step in the SEO process. Logging your business details enables Google to better index the relevant information, and present it in related search results, which can have significant benefits. (Source: Social Media Today)
Q. Effective Email Marketing – What should be the focus?
Today, apart from adhering to the basics of email marketing, marketers are offering customized solutions to their customers. What may work for one customer may not work for the other. This basically means that you need to understand the customers’ lifecycle and provide them with solutions to meet their requirements and bucket your campaigns in accordance. This kind of defined campaign results in improved open rate, click rate, maximizes conversions, while building on customer experience says Ayoshmita Biswas, VP & Head – Marketing, Corp Comm & CSR at Fullerton India Credit Co. Ltd.
Mentioned below are some parameters that should be taken into account for maximising customer experience using email marketing.
- Content: 47% of email recipients open email based on the subject line alone. Hence, understanding the customer behaviour across all buyer journey is important. This will help in creating compelling subject lines.
- Personalisation: Emails with personalised subject lines are 22% more likely to be opened. Over the years of sifting through emails and ended up conditioning people to abandon anything that doesn’t come from a known connection, be it a friend, family member or brand.
- Machine learning and AI – This will help make your emails relevant. It helps understand every element of the email stack, and also while creating real-time data for emails. Predictive lead scoring, matching subscribers with content, etc. will get easier with the use of these technologies
- Mobile compatibility – Emails will further shrink in size as more people view them on their mobiles. According to a 2016 research by mail Monday, email lines with 50-125 words had an optimal effect on the users. As consumption becomes, even more, mobile-centric, the number of words would reduce.
- Cross-channel data to fuel the customer’s view – Customer is looking for a seamless experience across all devices. Hence, channel data silos will eventually become redundant. Marketers can observe demographic, contextual and transactional data give a unified view of the customer. Hence, push email with the apt content at the right time will become vital for email marketing.