Marketing tools are indispensable for any digital business. There are various advantages of deploying marketing tools as they help you get an idea about the online marketplace, gather geographical and demographic data, besides keeping an eye on the content strategies of your competitors. Here are top five free marketing tools that you may consider for your online business.
- AdClarity: Launched by an Israeli company called BIScience, AdClarity is one of the most preferred computer intelligence software as well as social media solution for digital marketers. This useful marketing tool helps you analyze which traffic sources, online campaigns and marketing creative are functioning efficiently for your business rivals. If you are a digital marketer, AdClarity can give you adequate data about your competitor’s advertising strategy. For example, if you want to find out with whom your competitors are advertising with, AdClarity can provide you with the required information.
- SimilarWeb: This is another leading digital marketing tool available to digital markets free of cost. With the help of this tool, you can see website visits categorized by—
(i) keywords used by your competitors along with ‘not provided’ keywords, (ii) the number of mobile application users, and (iii) traffic source.
SimilarWeb also has a paid version that shows organic as well paid keywords. It also assesses the most popular webpages, evaluates the strength of campaigns, along with mobile app engagement. SimilarWeb uses data that is accumulated through browser extensions or toolbars. The accuracy of this marketing tool may differ according to the particular category that you are examining.
- Quantcast Measure: If you are looking for audience insights for more than 100 million websites without spending a single penny, Quantcast Measure is the ideal tool for you. Quantacast Measure also offers you with comprehensive demographic data along with statistics pertaining to lifestyle and geography. This free marketing tool also provides you with a wide array of data mining tools and analytics so that you can analyze the behaviour of your audiences across different digital platforms or devices. Quantcast Measure helps you obtain geographic and demographic profiles of your audience and that of your competitors for mobile apps as well as websites.
- Google Analytics Benchmarking: Google Analytics is for all digital marketers as it enables them to comprehend overall effectiveness of online marketing. Google Analytics Benchmarking is a free feature offered by Google Analytics that helps you evaluate websites automatically based on different categories such as device, channel, and location. This is an insightful tool which can prove highly advantageous for your business as it offers constructive insights into business trends besides providing an important perspective to your business. It also helps to contextualize your website’s performance so that you can evaluate the work done by you, plan in advance, and set achievable targets.
- Google Keyword Planner: It is a known fact that ‘search’ is the key factor that drives the greater number of visits, sales and leads for a majority of online businesses. Google Keyword Planner is yet another free tool offered by Google that helps marketers understand customer search behaviour so that they can come up with better strategies for content creation so as to achieve better visibility. Though Google has now integrated this tool into Google AdWords, it is still free if you do not invest in AdWords.
These are a few we have listed. If you have come across other efficient digital marketing tools for your online business, feel free to comment below and let us know about the uniqueness of the tools used by you.