Storytelling has evolved as an efficient SEO marketing strategy worldwide. Without an appealing story, it becomes difficult for brands to showcase their products and services to their target audiences. Since compelling stories is imperative for connecting brands with their customers, digital marketers have been using mesmerising storytelling techniques to achieve their fundamental SEO marketing goals.
Incorporating interesting brand stories into your website through blogs, videos, and infographics make your content more engaging. People remember stories; therefore, by integrating storytelling into your SEO campaigns, you can enhance brand loyalty and give your business a competitive edge.
Key Objectives of Storytelling in SEO marketing —
- Grabbing the attention of your target audiences by conveying your brand message;
- Entertaining and informing your readers with customer-centric content; and
- Establishing a long-lasting relationship with your existing customers so as to maximise lead generation.
- Driving significant ROI and increasing conversions.
SEO Requires Good Storytelling —
- A story infused with relevance, motivation, and insight provides your marketing content with a widespread appeal; thus, it is the ideal way to drive traffic and gain loyal followers.
- It is difficult for SEO marketers to come up with new ideas every day. Storytelling adds a new spin to existing data and helps generate unique content that particularly addresses the interests of your readers.
- Enhances the efficacy of PPC reports.
- Increases your click-through rates and reduces bounce rate by engaging your readers with your content.
- Helps you earn backlinks from bloggers and loyal followers who link your story to their content through backlinks.
- When your content strikes a chord with your readers, it drives them to share your story on social media platforms, thus, enhancing your social media presence.
Importance of Data-driven SEO Stories —
Facts and figures act as the pedestal of a brand story, whereas your ideas lend a perspective to it. A brand may create a story highlighting its past accomplishments and future plans or a story about how it outperforms its competitors in the market but if the story is backed by data, it becomes more persuasive. Thus, brands should focus more on creating data-driven stories to add more value to their content.
Before working on a data-driven story, content marketers should make sure they have adequate data to prop up their story. The required data can be gathered via surveys, white papers, case studies, customer feedback, or polls. The internet is another useful source of obtaining useful data for crafting convincing stories. The data should be obtained from credible sources such as Government databases, academic journals, and research reports from reputable institutions. Marketers may also count on Q&A sites such as Quora or Yahoo Answers where they can post their data-related queries.
When crafting a data-driven story, it is essential to keep the well-researched keywords in mind so that you do not compromise your SEO practices. The story should sound natural and should be narrated in simple terms so that it is easy to comprehend. At the same time, you should re-purpose the story for various media platforms.
Storytelling—the New SEO
Storytelling is a great way to illustrate the experiences that your audiences will enjoy on using your products or services. Even the right keywords may not help you endorse your products if you fail to tap into your readers’ emotions. If you think your SEO marketing tactics is failing to reach its target, it is high time you start telling your readers about the experience, instead of talking about the product. Every brand has its story; all you need to do is identify your story and narrate it in a way that your readers can appreciate and relate to.